The objective of risk management is to improve the risk/reward trade-off and identify, measure and limit downside risk
- Valuation Goal Realized: Stock has reached the investment team’s assessment of intrinsic value
- Investment Thesis Challenged: An unanticipated event, corporate action or new research changes the original investment thesis or assumptions
- Evaporation of Free Cash Flow: Free Cash Flow (FCF) is reduced faster than expected
- A Better Idea: Displacement in the portfolio by a better idea
- "What Can Go Wrong?" Investment Approach: The first consideration is always, "What can go wrong?". Downside protection is the basis of the LSOFX investment discipline
- Significant Wealth in Strategy: Prospector eats its own cooking, with a significant amount of internal capital invested alongside their clients
- No Leverage on Longs: LSOFX does not employ leverage on the long side and is restricted to 100%
- Short Book: Short book reduces net exposure
- Focus on Individual Company Risk: Less financially leveraged companies with strong underlying franchise and asset values as well as owner-oriented management behavior.
- Valuation: Use of multiple valuation methods
- Operational Pedigree: Long Short Advisors has partnered with what we believe to be the best-in-class service providers in an effort to preserve the safety and integrity of investor capital, including Fidelity as Prime Broker, Citibank as Custodian, an independent 3rd party Fund Administrator, and an independent Board of Trustees
You should carefully consider the investment objectives, potential risks, management fees, and charges and expenses of the Fund before investing. The Fund's prospectus contains this and other information about the Fund, and should be read carefully before investing. You may obtain a current copy of the Fund's prospectus by calling (877) 336-6763. The performance data quoted represents past performance; past performance does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment in the Fund will fluctuate so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Fund is distributed by Unified Financial Securities, LLC, 9465 Counselor's Row, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46240. (Member FINRA)
Investment in shares of a Long/Short equity fund is more volatile and risky than some other forms of investments. Since a Long/Short equity fund has both a long and a short portfolio, an investment in the Fund will involve risks associated with twice the number of investment decisions made for a typical stock fund. These types of funds typically have a high portfolio turnover that could increase transaction costs and cause short-term capital gains to be realized.
Diversification does not ensure a profit or guarantee against loss.
Long Short Advisors is registered as an investment adviser with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Information contained on this website does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy shares of the Fund, nor shall any shares be offered or sold to any person in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, purchase, or sale would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
This site also is not intended to provide specific individual advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting, or tax advice.
Long Short Advisors -- 1818 Market Street | Suite 3323 | Philadelphia, PA | 19103 | Tel: 215-399-9409